Different Forms Of Print
Each type of advertising has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it is important to choose the right type for your business. Print ads are not limited to newspaper and magazine publications; they may also take the form of direct mail, flyers, brochures, postcards, anything displayed in your business, and printed marketing handed out to your customers. Print ads typically consist of text or graphic images with a catchy headline and offer which draws attention to them.
Get creative when developing a piece to mail to potential customers. Believe or not, you can pretty much mail anything from a coconut to a pair of shoes as long as it fits in the mailbox, of course. I shot a video on how to get new customers by mailing them a pizza. You can see that HERE.
What Makes A “Killer” Print Marketing Piece
A good print ad has three key things:
- A strong headline
- Call to action
- An enticing offer
The most effective print ads have all three of these elements working together in harmony to create one cohesive message that grabs the consumer’s attention. A well-designed advertisement will grab your customer’s attention from across the room even if they don’t know the details yet! The best print advertisements make your readers take action – compel them to return to your business for an additional visit to spend more money.
A Strong Headline
- Make sure it stands out and catches the reader’s attention. The word FREE is frequently used for this purpose. Headlines should be benefit-driven, which means they answer your customer’s question, “what’s in it for me?”
- It needs to be relevant to your target audience and provide them with a clear idea of what the offer is. The best headlines are short and simple and use strong language that grabs the reader’s attention. (Common Mistake: Your logo and company name are not a headline!)
A Call To Action (with a deadline)
- A call to action (CTA) is a specific instruction for what you want the reader to do next. It’s in the form of a command such as “call now,” or “bring this in,” or “use the code word…”. It is a directive for the reader to take the next step, and without it, your advertisement will be ineffective. A good call to action will have a deadline associated with it so that the reader feels compelled to act immediately. “Bring this in to receive your free XXX before February 28”. (Common Mistake: “Visit us” or “Come back soon” are not a call to action).
An Enticing Offer
- When you’re creating an offer for your print advertisement, it’s important to make sure that it is enticing enough to get your customers’ attention. An enticing offer is one that is hard to resist, and it should be relevant to your customers’ needs.
- Make sure your offer is clear and easy to understand. Be sure to include a deadline so that your customers know when they need to take action. If you can create an offer that is irresistible, then you’re sure to see great results with your print advertising! (Offers to get a NEW customer usually need to be stronger than offers to existing customers because existing ones already know and like you.)
Most Effective Use Of Print Marketing
In independent businesses, print marketing is often used to target a niche market. For example, a small business might produce advertising for their services that is specifically geared towards new mothers in the area, wine lovers, or college students. (This involves purchasing a highly targeted list from a list broker. We do this for our clients as a service.
If you are interested in finding out about highly targeted print marketing for new customers, click this link for more information
Yes, tell me how to get more new customers
This type of targeted marketing is very effective because it allows businesses to focus on specific customers who are more likely to be interested in what they have to offer. In general, print marketing is most effective when businesses use it to connect with their customers. By providing valuable information and creating a relationship of trust, businesses can increase their sales through print advertising.
What Is The Best Print Advertisement?
This is your chance to differentiate yourself from your competitors. With so many people turning exclusively to digital marketing (a big mistake), it leaves the playing field wide open. It gives you the opportunity to come up with a clever use to “surprise and delight” your customers, gives them something to talk about, and gives them an intriguing reason to return again.
A frequently overlooked form of print advertising is a bounce-back offer, providing a great way to encourage customers to come back to your business again after a visit. If you can give them a reason to return sooner, the frequency of their visits will increase and so will your sales.
By providing a special offer that is only available to customers who have recently given you money, you can get them to come back and spend more, quicker. This type of offer is a great way to show your customers that you appreciate their business, and it can be a great way to boost sales.
Don’t underestimate the power of print marketing. When done correctly, it can be one of the most effective ways to reach and connect with your customers.