I get lots of questions on how to organically rank business websites on Google.
Everyone wants to be on page one, right?
Because if you’re not on page one, they ain’t seeing you. Sorry. Remember what I always say…”The best place to hide a dead body is on page two of Google.”
Here are last year’s top factors when it comes to getting your website for your business to rank high on Google searches, according to internet research company Moz:
- Google My Business Signals (Proximity, categories, keyword in business title, etc) 25.12%
- Link Signals (Inbound anchor text, linking domain authority, linking domain quality, etc) 16.53%
- Review Signals (Review quantity, review velocity, review diversity, etc) 15.44%
- On-Page Signals (Presence of NAP, keywords in titles, domain authority, etc.) 13.82%
- Citation Signals (IYP / aggregator NAP consistency, citation volume, etc. )10.82%
- Behavioral Signals (Click-through rate, mobile clicks-to-call, check-ins, etc. ) 9.56%
- Personalization 5.88%
- Social Signals (Google engagement, Facebook engagement, Twitter engagement, etc. ) 2.82%
Remember, this is according to their research, because Google won’t tell us what they use in their algorithms when ranking websites. We only find out by testing and re-testing.
Bottom line is – Google likes fresh, accurate content on your site and across the web about your business. If you keep that as the focus of your online presence, you will be good.
P.S. If you want a FREE, complete analysis of your website, review sites, and Google Business Listing so you know you are in the best possible position to get more customers online, click the button below.